Queensland Mint is proud to present the 1996 40g Australian Endangered Species The Southern Right Whale Silver Piedfort Proof Coin from The Royal Australian Mint.
The Royal Australian Mint has dedicated this series of commemorative coins to four species found in Australia or in the surrounding waters. They are species struggling for survival. It is hoped that this will contribute to increased awareness of their plight and so help save them. Only 14,000 1996 sterling silver commemorative $10 piedfort proof coins were produced by the Royal Australian Mint. The coins are struck to magnificent proof quality.
- Contains 40g 925 Fine Silver
- Australian Legal Tender with government backed purity guarantee and face value of $10
- Protective acrylic capsule
- Mintage 14,000.
Obverse: Depicts the 3rd portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the King George IV State Diadem Lettering: ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA 1996 RDM.
Reverse: Depicts a Southern Right Whale and her calf. Lettering: SOUTHERN RIGHT WHALE 10 DOLLARS VG.
- This item comes with the original packaging
- Purchase price is inclusive of 10% GST
- Coins are issued as Piedfort Proof
Queensland Mint would love to hear from you. Our customer service team is available by +617 3184 8300 or [email protected].